The EDGE Simulcast team is excited to announce an all new marquee system! We know that all of our auctions have unique needs and preferences related what is shown (or isn't) in the lanes and online. This is part of the reason that we're shifting to an all new approach that will make it easier for us to provide more options and flexibility going into the future.
These changes will be made live for all EDGE Simulcast starting Monday Jan 18th 2016.
OK let's dive in and see what the new changes are all about!
The Marquee Picker
To begin, simply click the "M" icon for your lane in the Sale Manager page in Pipeline admin. This will bring you to the new Marquee Picker page. NOTE: The "P" icon will still launch the (legacy) photo marquee app. We will leave it available and support it for a time, but we do plan to end-of-life it soon.
We are shipping the Marquee Picker page with 3 marquee options, however we have plans to add more. All new marquees are web-based and support all major browsers.
- Standard - features basic vehicle info, announcements, lights, photos, bidding, and logged in users.
- Carousel - features a large photo that rotates though all images for the vehicle. This might be useful for INOP sales, for example.
- Classic - this is the legacy "web marquee" that was available previously.
Some Important Notes
- When you choose to open either "Standard" or "Carousel" marquees, it will open in a new browser window with a default size of 1920x1080. You can resize the window to any size you'd like.
- When you resize the window all the content will automatically resize horizontally.
- If the content isn't fitting well, use the CONTROL - + keys to "zoom" the browser window until the content fits nicely.
- FLEXIBILITY - You can SHOW or HIDE certain elements on the new marquees! This includes photos, announcements, and the "Logged in users" column. To hide one of these, move your mouse to that area of the marquee and click the small white arrow. Click it again to show the element again.
As mentioned we have plans to push this new system even farther- adding new elements and allowing auctions to control if they show or hide, adding new marquees (a planned "Auctioneer Marquee" is on the way) and many other great new features. As always, your feedback and your partnership is very much appreciated.
EDGE Simulcast, Product Owner